The How-To Guide for Your Android Phone
Antengo for Android boasts tons of useful features that make posting, browsing and connecting on Antengo’s mobile marketplace simple and easy. Here we take a look at the current version of Antengo on Android, the 2.0.42 update. These step-by-step instructions will walk you through everything you need to know about how to use Antengo. So grab your Android phone (and that old tennis racket you’ve been meaning to sell) and let’s tango with Antengo!
The first thing you need to know when you open up the Antengo app on your Android phone is how to post a listing.
- Tap the “Post” button on the top right side of your screen
- Type in the title and description of your listing, tap “Next”
- Add a picture to your listing by tapping either the “Take a photo” or “Choose a photo” button on the bottom of the screen and tap “Next”
- Type in the price, choose your category and subcategory, tap “Next”
- Edit the location of the listing by typing an address or city in the search field at the bottom of the screen and tapping “Update”. You can also move the map to your desired location, when you have chosen the location for your listing, tap “Next”
- Here you will see a preview of your ad. To make changes, scroll back to screen you want to edit using the “Back” arrow at the top left side of your screen
- To share your listing on social media, find the share buttons on the bottom left side of the screen, choose the social network you’d like, tap the icon so it’s purple and you’re ready to go
- When you are satisfied with your listing, tap “Post” and voila!
To browse local listings, tap the gray “Advanced” button to search by keyword or use “Quick Categories” by scrolling the icons located at the bottom of the screen.
Once you’ve searched, you can view your listings three ways:
- List view shows you just that, a list of local listings!
- Grid view is a visual browsing experience; scroll through pictures of your results.
- Map view shows listings by location, so you can see what’s nearby.
After you’ve searched, you can save your search and set an alert when new items become available:
- Tap the green button that says “Save Search & Get Alerts for Matches!”
- Edit the search filters or the frequency of the alerts if you like and tap “Save”
- Push notifications will now be sent to your phone when a new item is listed
- When you receive a push notification, tap the notification to bring you directly to your saved searches page
- A green badge that says “New Matches” will appear next to all the saved searches with new listings, tap this green badge to be brought to the new listings for that search
Once you’ve found what you’re looking for or if you have questions about a listing, use the in-app messaging feature to connect quickly and safely. Tap the listing, tap the green “Reply” button and send an SMS message. If you receive an SMS message from a buyer or seller on Antengo, simply tap the notification to reply.
The account tab is what we like to refer to as the control center. In this section you can manage privacy and share settings. Also, if you have connected a social network to your account, you have the option to disable sharing for each individual post.
Give us a Holler!
By now you should be well on your way buying and selling on Antengo! But as always, if you have questions, comments, feedback, ideas or just want to say hello, drop The Ants a line at email@example.com, we love hearing from you.
Remember to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram to stay up-to-date on any updates…or just to see what us crazy Ants have been up to!